Southgate, California - 2024-02-20 Electrical Controls Engineer
Finding great people is difficult — but it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our customers and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. We aim to treat you as a real person, not just human capital. While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
Working alongside other electrical and mechanical engineers in the Plant Engineering Team to design and install new equipment and retrofit existing equipment across the manufacturing facility to increase manufacturing productivity, safety and quality. Provides engineering support to the maintenance department to troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues.
Salary range: $110,000 to $130,000
IN THIS ROLE, YOU CAN EXPECT TO HAVE THESE RESPONSIBILITIES:
In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees must know and follow safe work practices and be aware of Company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out honestly, ethically, and professionally and to be performed in conformance with applicable Company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of Company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Uses AutoCAD Electrical to develop detailed control designs for new equipment and equipment modifications
- Including schematics, single line drawings and panel layouts
- Programs PLC and Human Machine Interface devices on Siemens S7, WINCC and Allen Bradley RS Logix, with RS View, Automation Direct
- Project manages assigned projects, or supports as a project engineer in larger multidisciplinary projects
- Project engineering responsibilities include:
- sending out RFQ’s
- researching and selecting the appropriate hardware and software
- selecting the vendor for installation
- developing project budget
- using Microsoft Project to plan out the project
- supervising the installation alongside the other project engineers, and
- commissioning the installation
- Supports production and maintenance by troubleshooting equipment issues and providing technical guidance to maintenance activities
- Provides technical support during maintenance overhauls and periodic electrical testing
- Develops best practices and operational procedures
- Assists in training and development of others in the plant engineering and maintenance teams
NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING, HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IT:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required
- >5 years of experience in engineering in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- PLC/HMI programming. Siemens Step 7 v5.6 , Step 7 Professional v13 TIA Portal, Siemens WinCC v7.4 , Allen Bradley RS Logix 500, RS Logix 5000, Studio 5000 Logix Designer v29, FactoryTalk View Studio ME, Automation Direct Soft 6
- Experience in troubleshooting control, communication and electrical systems
- Experience with industrial communication protocols DH+, Remote IO, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus, Profinet
- Experience with Kepware KEP Server EX 6
- 3 phase motor control and VFDs
- Experience with DC motor, variable speed drive
- Experience with 24V to 4160V electrical systems
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Experience with Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems (Valves, Positioners & Feedback Devices)
- Experience with Natural Gas Fired Furnaces, Hydraulic Forging Presses, Grinders and Baghouses
- Experience in heavy industry sector
- MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Project
- AutoCAD Electrical 2022
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with various levels of the organization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WE WORK WITH SOME AMAZING COMPANIES. STILL NOT SURE IF THIS OPPORTUNITY IS RIGHT FOR YOU? HERE ARE A FEW MORE REASONS OUR CUSTOMERS TRUST US:
A quick response to staffing needs.
We get it — time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
We can achieve great results by listening to what drives our client’s decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates and understanding core objectives and position requirements.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating, and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client — it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you to work with one of our awesome customers. It’s all up to you now, apply!
TSP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.