San Jose, California - Added 2020-03-05 Associate Service Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Prepare to be empowered. At TSP, we want to take all the stuff you already have and make it even better. Why? Because our customers can only stay awesome if you’re awesome. Maintenance, Managed, Project, and Consulting services are the foundation of our business. We pride ourselves on the wide range of personalized solutions we create for our clients, and we want YOU.
It looks like you want to be an Associate Field Engineer (Associate Service Engineer). This is an junior-level technical role that gets you on your way to be one of our #TSProckstars.
The incumbent will perform maintenance work for a variety of different storage platforms. The location of the work lies mostly within the local area, although sometimes extends to a 3-4-hour radius.
Position Duties: Immediate duties after 10-12 weeks of training will be to provide hardware support services for NetApp, Hitachi and Pure Storage Equipment.
TO BE A ROCK STAR IN THIS ROLE, KNOCK THESE RESPONSIBILITIES OUT OF THE PARK:
- Scheduling service calls and coordinate the delivery of parts.
- Understanding how to maintain said storage equipment, including troubleshooting and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.) and acting as smart hands with direction from a Support Center.
- Interacting with IT Customers and TSP technical team members and external support organizations. Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers.
- Travel for formal and informal training and getting certified to deliver installations and higher end activities.
- The ability and patience to communicate effectively with teammates, management and customers – written and verbally.
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required. May be asked to cover other areas from time to time. This could mean coverage in different cities/states.
- Be a strong team player and work well with others.
THINK YOU CAN HANDLE IT? YOU'LL ALSO NEED TO COME EQUIPPED WITH EXPERIENCE LIKE:
- Must have hardware troubleshooting experience and be technically inclined (in work experience, military experience, or just the "go-to" person that all your friends/family go to for technical help!).
- Demonstrate superb & clear communication skills (phone/email/in-person) and be fluent in the English language.
- Weekend and evening work required, as are occasional holidays.
- On-call rotation with two other team members required.
- Any IT or Storage experience is welcome but not a requirement.
- Exposure to datacenter environments preferred, but not required.
- A strong sense of urgency, time management and customer facing skills are required.
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook.
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume.
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) into customer racks.
- Active security clearance (within 24 months) a plus.
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
WE ARE SO EXCITED THAT YOU WANT TO JOIN TSP! WE PLEDGE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU! HERE ARE SOME COOL REASONS WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
We really like you!
One part of our vision is to be a company that retains and nurtures its strong beliefs and culture as it grows by honoring our employees. <- That’s you!
We care about your well-being!
We provide benefits that keep you protected and in top shape like: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off (PTO), and an array of other perks that are pretty hard to find.
We are social and we win!
Check out TSP on social (@TSProckstars and #TSProckstars) and grow with us. We represent some huge clients including Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States and Canada. We have won several excellence awards because we do what we do and do it well.
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.