Quincy, Washington - Added 2019-08-05 Associate Field Engineer, Data Storage Services (entry-level)
Location: Quincy/Wenatchee, Washington area
Note: US Citizens and those already authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Prepare to be empowered. At TSP, we want to take all the stuff you already have and make it even better. Why? Because our customers can only stay awesome if you’re awesome. Maintenance, Managed, Project, and Consulting services are the foundation of our business. We pride ourselves on the wide range of personalized solutions we create for our clients, and we want YOU.
It looks like you want to be an Associate Service Engineer. This is an entry-level technical role that gets you on your way to be one of our #TSProckstars. We are looking for a long-term employee to call our company "home" – candidates that have the desire to enter into the IT industry strongly encouraged to apply.
The incumbent will perform maintenance work for a variety of different storage platforms, most notably NetApp and Pure Storage. The location of the work lies mostly within the Quincy area, although sometimes extends to a 4-hour radius.
To be a rock star in this role, knock these responsibilities out of the park:
- Immediate duties after 3-4 weeks of paid training will include but not be limited to the maintenance of storage equipment, including troubleshooting (cabling issues, pulling logs etc.), following product repair action plans (disk swaps, DIMM replacements, motherboard swaps etc.) and acting as smart hands with direction from a Support Center. Lifting equipment onto racks is often required.
- This person will be on-call 24/7 as they will be the sole engineer in the area, This would include covering nights, weekends, and holidays – with allowance for PTO
- Be able to schedule service calls and coordinating delivery of parts.
- The ability and patience to communicate effectively with teammates, management and customers – written and verbally.
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required. May be asked to cover other areas from time to time and also travel for training. This could mean coverage in different cities/states.
- Be available for on-call (nights, weekends, and/or holidays)
- Be a strong team player and work well with others
Think you can handle it? You'll also need to come equipped with experience like:
- Must have any hardware troubleshooting experience (in work experience, military experience, or just the "go-to" person that all your friends/family go to for technical help!).
- Weekend and evening work required for 24/7 coverage.
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements.
- A strong sense of urgency, time management, and customer-facing skills are required.
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook, and demonstrate superb communication skills (phone/email/in-person).
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) onto customer racks.
- Positive attitude, professional, self-motivated, and fast-learner.
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume.
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license.
- Any IT or Storage experience is welcome but not a requirement.
- Exposure to datacenter environments preferred, but not required.
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
We are so excited that you want to join TSP! We pledge to take care of you! Here are some cool reasons why you'll love working with us:
We really like you!
One part of our vision is to be a company that retains and nurtures its strong beliefs and culture as it grows by honoring our employees. <- That’s you!
We care about your well-being!
We provide benefits that keep you protected and in top shape like: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off (PTO), and an array of other perks that are pretty hard to find.
We are social and we win!
Check out TSP on social (@TSProckstars and #TSProckstars) and grow with us. We represent some huge clients including Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States and Canada. We have won several excellence awards because we do what we do and do it well.
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.