Denver, Colorado - 2022-11-18 Associate Service Engineer
Are you considering a career change with the opportunity to work for a company that cares for you? This is it — join our team today as an Associate Service Engineer. At TSP, we have a proven track record of excellence that in large part is due to a unique perspective.
Both in life and in business, we believe you get back what you give. So, we pledge to take care of and invest in our people and in the communities where we live, work and play. TSP’s recognition, philanthropic and training programs as well as our comprehensive benefits plan are just a few ways that we accomplish this.
Scope of Work
once fully trained, this engineer will be providing maintenance and hardware support of multiple data storage platforms (i.e. NetApp and Pure Storage). This is a home-based field role and will be driving to various business sites for service delivery on a regular basis (business mileage reimbursed).
Ideal location of candidate should be Denver, CO to be close to the main customer-base in the area, but will consider other locations in very close proximity. Will also consider an entry-level tech-savvy candidate with no IT work experience if they meet all other requirements – paid training is provided.
As an Associate Service Engineer, you can expect to have these responsibilities:
- After a short training period, perform hands-on hardware break-fix on multiple storage platforms
- Schedule service calls and coordinate delivery of parts
- Assist with installations (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, installing, etc.)
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
- Interact and influence IT customers and TSP technical team members, including pre-sales, services, and support organizations
- Impact extends to customer technical representatives, including systems administrators and technical managers
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required
- Available for on-call/standby coverage rotation (weekend and evening work required, as are occasional holidays)
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- Tech savvy individual with hardware troubleshooting experience (in work experience, military experience, a gamer who has built computers, or just the “go-to” person that all your friends/family go to for technical help!)
- Formal and informal training towards certifications would be considered for a qualified candidate
- Good job stability must be reflected on a resume
- Positive attitude, reliable, professional, self-motivated, and fast learner
- A strong sense of urgency, time management, and customer-facing skills are required
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate professional communication skills (phone/email/in-person)
- Minimum education: high school diploma or GED. A degree in computer science, information technology, or any technical field is preferred
Additional information about this Associate Service Engineer role:
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) into customer racks
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning, customer-endorsed, and minority-owned IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible, and flawlessly executed IT services and workforce solutions that amplify our customers’ teams and simplify their service.
We create great customer experiences by saving our customers time and money. We’re driven by integrity — we do what we say we’re going to do — exceeding expectations. Our value-based pricing focuses on our customers’ business objectives, making their success our top priority. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software — our product is our people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.