Ashburn, Virginia - Added 2019-12-04 Associate Service Engineer
Prepare to be empowered. At TSP, we want to take all the stuff you already have and make it even better. Why? Because our customers can only stay awesome if you’re awesome. We pride ourselves on the wide range of personalized solutions we create for our clients, and we want YOU.
It looks like you want to be an Associate Service Engineer. This is an junior-level technical role that gets you on your way to be one of our #TSProckstars. We are looking for a long-term employee to call our company "home" – candidates that have the desire to enter into the IT industry strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a home-based field engineer role covering the Ashburn, Virginia area – on a daily basis will be traveling to customer sites providing hardware support and on occasion travel outside the normal coverage area to assist on other projects. Must have your own vehicle and valid driver's license for transportation and customer visits.
To be a rock star in this role, knock these responsibilities out of the park:
- Immediate duties after training period will be the maintenance of data storage equipment, including troubleshooting and following product repair action plans. Lifting equipment into racks is often required.
- Be able to schedule service calls and coordinating delivery of parts.
- The ability and patience to communicate effectively with teammates, management and customers.
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required. May be asked to cover other areas from time to time and also travel for training. This could mean coverage in different cities/states.
- Be available for on-call
Think you can handle it? You'll also need to come equipped with experience like:
- Hardware troubleshooting experience (in work experience, military experience, or just the "go-to" person that all your friends/family go to for technical help!).
- Exposure to datacenter environments preferred, but not required.
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or any technical field preferred.
- Positive attitude, professional, self-motivated, and fast-learner.
- A strong sense of urgency, time management, and customer-facing skills are required.
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook, and demonstrate professional communication skills (phone/email/in-person).
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license.
- Must be available for oncall/standby coverage rotation (nights, weekends, and holidays will be required).
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
We are so excited that you want to join TSP. We pledge to take care of you. Here are some cool reasons why you'll love working with us:
We really like you!
One part of our vision is to be a company that retains and nurtures its strong beliefs and culture as it grows by honoring our employees. <- That’s you!
We care about your well-being!
We provide benefits that keep you protected and in top shape like: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off (PTO), and an array of other perks that are pretty hard to find.
We are social and we win!
Check out TSP on social (@TSProckstars and #TSProckstars) and grow with us. We represent some huge clients including Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States and Canada. We have won several excellence awards because we do what we do and do it well.
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.