Huntington, West Virginia - 2023-12-01 Technical Director
Finding great people is difficult — but it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our customers and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just human capital. While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Degreed engineer, mechanical or materials science preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in primary metals/manufacturing
- 5+ years’ experience in a managerial role over a technical staff
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required
- Successful candidate will show job progression with increased levels of responsibility throughout his/her career
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes relevant to the primary metals industry
- Experience with hot work, anneal, heat treat, extruding is a plus
- General awareness of manufacturing systems (Oracle, Minitab, Microsoft Office Suites, etc.) relevant to the business
- Ability to led projects/activities across a range of manufacturing engineering processes
- Experience in manufacturing changes in a suitable combination of ways, such as facility re-design, facility move, technology insertion, new product introduction, process revalidation, quality improvement
- Ability to provide technical and professional leadership to a team of engineers
- Six Sigma certification
- Lots of initiative
- Great organizational skills
- Confident decision-making ability
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
Frequently moves about the production facilities. Must be able to detect unsafe conditions from long distances.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required the use of personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
WE WORK WITH SOME AMAZING COMPANIES. STILL NOT SURE IF THIS OPPORTUNITY IS RIGHT FOR YOU? HERE ARE A FEW MORE REASONS OUR CUSTOMERS TRUST US:
A quick response to staffing needs.
We get it — time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client — it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome customers. It’s all up to you now, just apply!
TSP is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.