Dallas, Texas - Added 2019-09-09 Systems Administrator
Prepare to be empowered. At TSP, we want to take all the stuff you already have and make it even better. Why? Because our customers can only stay awesome if you’re awesome. From data center services to backup and disaster recovery, we work with our clients to customize solutions tailored for their exact business needs. We pride ourselves on the wide range of personalized solutions we create for our clients, and we want YOU.
To be a rockstar in this role, knock these responsibilities out of the park:
- Installation, administration, configuration, and support of software and solutions, including base applications (Apache, Tomcat, Linux, etc…)
- Working closely with project managers, technical account managers, partners, customers, and operations on environment build-outs based on requirements and sizing assessments
- Working with the development team as part of the automation plan to ensure it is working smoothly to perform regular deployments of custom applications, product upgrades, and configuration changes
- Ensuring a sustainable high quality of service for customer sites by collecting and monitoring key metrics, and proactively planning required changes and improvements to the overall system
- Troubleshooting and finding resolutions to complex technical problems across multiple tiers (web servers, application servers, database, search cluster, integrations, automation platform)
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level incident management support
- Application performance diagnosis and tuning using APM tools like NewRelic or Dynatrace
- Providing and maintaining technical documentation
- This role requires availability to on occasion work flexible hours, as well as participation in off-hour on-call support rotations
Think you can handle it? You'll also need to come equipped with experience like:
- Minimum 2+ experience working in a similar role
- Expertise in deploying and managing Java applications on Apache Tomcat
- Strong experience with Apache servers and a solid understanding of common web technologies
- Experience working with Infrastructure teams such as (datacenter operations, etc.)
- Experience with automation & orchestration tools like Ansible are considered an asset.
- Experience working with or in scrum, Agile, CI/CD collaborations
- Knowledge of JVM optimization, tuning and debugging
- Experience with application performance tuning and APM tools such as NewRelic
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL
Education & Qualifications / Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in quantitative field — preferably Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good understanding of high availability, multi-tier web infrastructure and architectures
- Linux administration skills (RedHat, CentOS)
- Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
- Programming or scripting experience (Java, sh, bash, python, regex)
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation and orchestration concepts
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks under stressful conditions
- Good English skills verbal and written
We are so excited that you want to join TSP! We pledge to take care of you. Here are some cool reasons why you'll love working with us:
We really like you!
One part of our vision is to be a company that retains and nurtures its strong beliefs and culture as it grows by honoring our employees. <- That’s you!
We care about your well-being!
We provide benefits that keep you protected and in top shape like: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off (PTO), and an array of other perks that are pretty hard to find.
We are social and we win!
Check out TSP on social (@TSProckstars and #TSProckstars) and grow with us. We represent some huge clients including Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States and Canada. We have won several excellence awards because we do what we do and do it well.
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.