Austin, Texas - Added 2019-10-09 System Engineer, Data Migration subject matter expert (SME),
We want people, not paper. Your resume is great and all, but we want to know what drives you? Join TSP and become part of a team of empowered individuals that create award-winning solutions. We focus on, and successfully meet our clients’ needs with people like YOU.
Scope of Work
Our customer located in Austin, Texas is in need of a System Engineer, Data Migration subject matter expert (SME) and technical design authority (TDA), you will utilize your strong technical competencies in the field of data migration to provide the highest level of implementation capability and technical consultation to both customers and Pure sales teams to support sales goals. You will work on cross-functional teams including Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development Managers, Services and Engineering to scope and help sell Professional Services solutions for homogeneous and heterogeneous data migration solutions to customers/partners. You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's/partner’s business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service history, enabling you to present targeted solutions for low risk data migrations. You will build migration solutions for our customers and will be expected to be a member of the hands-on team delivering data migration services across EMEA. The role covers pre-sales and delivery functions, and you will be comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates.
Remote situation possible for the right candidate, with the possibility of 25% travel
To be a rock star in this role, knock these responsibilities out of the park:
- Participate in customer evaluations and proof of concepts for deploying test data migrations onto Pure systems.
- Advise and consult on engineering developments and strategies for data migration solutions.
- Plan, conduct and direct projects to support sales efforts and address future customer needs.
- Evaluate partner proposals for migration services to ensure they deliver quality and value for money to Pure.
- Deliver migration solutions to our customers, either as a sole resource or member of a migration team.
- Preparation and delivery of technical and architecture solution
- Contribute significant portions for data migration solutions to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
We know you can handle these things because you have experience like:
- 5-10 years’ minimum experience of data migration and associated technical design to a multitude of large enterprise customers.
- Virtualization Tools – Cisco/Microsoft/VMWare (Cloud solution migrations)
- Ciurrus Data Solutions Appliance (or Appliance based solutions for migrating block data)
- Networking infrastructure
- Other technical platform or infrastructure migration tools such as Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Datadobi, StorageX, Open Replicator, Online Import
- Data Center Migration Implementations for block and file share data
- Multi-vendor server and storage platforms
- Windows, AIX and Linux operating systems
- Hyper-V and VMWare virtualization platforms
- Middleware and applications
- Networking concepts and high-level designs
- Data center relocation tools and technologies
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
If you feel stuck in your current position, consider joining our team. Here are some awesome reasons why you should:
You get to work in and around some of the nation’s largest and most well-known brands. Nearly every business today has IT needs, and TSP loves to meet those needs for our clients.
Training and Development
We love to promote our #TSProckstars up through the ranks. Certification opportunities, online training curriculum, and hands-on experience all play a part in our training program.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) are just some of the benefits you get as a team member. Oh, and did we mention, you only have to pay a small portion of the health premiums. Everything else is 100% free!
We are thrilled that you’d like to join our team and look forward to speaking with you! All you have to do now is apply.