San Jose, California - Added 2021-04-07 Support Account Manager
LOCATION: Candidates must reside in the Bay area in California to support the local customer base. The role is primarily remote, but will be traveling on occasion.
We want people, not paper. Your resume is great and all, but we want to know what drives you? Join TSP and become part of a team of empowered individuals that create award-winning solutions. We focus on, and successfully meet our clients’ needs with people like YOU.
Scope of work: As a key member of the customer success team, the Service Account Manager (SAM) supports our largest and most strategically important customers. You will be assigned to and responsible for a specific area, region, or division with site locations as specified in account service plan, builds relationships within account(s) to become a support services trusted advisor focused on the total customer experience and satisfaction. Individual leverages various resources to ensure incident resolution, drives proactive activities promoting system health and customer satisfaction.
Provides detailed customer reporting using a cross section of services tools and applications. Collaborates with account teams to understand the business strategy and supports sales opportunities. The individual will be responsible for basic account management as either part of a larger SAM team or for a customer(s) with smaller install bases. To be successful in this role, candidate must come from a technical engineering background and have experience in the data storage industry.
TO BE A ROCK STAR IN THIS ROLE, KNOCK THESE RESPONSIBILITIES OUT OF THE PARK:
- Functions as the single point-of-contact for service activities, educates the customer on service delivery, tools and interfaces.
- Communicates relevant service updates and recommendations to both internal account team & external customers to ensure a level of compliance and performance
- Collaborates with resources and customer during escalations
- Leverages phone home data analysis to provide customer environment insight
- Accountable for Change control management to ensure stability of environments
- Works with the customer to proactively identify and resolve potential issues to achieve high system availability
- Attends customer site occasionally (at least once per quarter) or as appropriate
- Provides monthly and quarterly reports to proactively inform customer of overall account status, including ongoing service activities, recommendations for further risk mitigation, updates on incident solution and progress of upgrades and enhancements
- Leads preparation for customer quarterly business review
- Interacts regularly with the operations team at the customer site
- Assists in ensuring accuracy of service maintenance contracts billing
WE KNOW YOU CAN HANDLE THESE THINGS BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE LIKE:
- 5 years relevant experience (customer facing, large accounts, industry related)
- Must have a technical background
- Must come from the data storage industry – understanding of architecture, installations, migrations, maintenance, etc of said equipment.
- Experience building relationships and effective networks
- Ability to influence cross functionally and in a matrix environment
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Complex problem solving
- Possesses operational command of the business
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Bachelors degree
- ITIL Foundation (desired)
IF YOU FEEL STUCK IN YOUR CURRENT POSITION, CONSIDER JOINING OUR TEAM. HERE ARE SOME AWESOME REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD:
You get to work in and around some of the nation’s largest and most well-known brands. Nearly every business today has IT needs, and TSP loves to meet those needs for our clients.
Training and Development
We love to promote our #TSProckstars up through the ranks. Certification opportunities, online training curriculum, and hands-on experience all play a part in our training program.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) are just some of the benefits you get as a team member. Oh, and did we mention, you only have to pay a small portion of the health premiums. Everything else is 100% free!
We are thrilled that you’d like to join our team and look forward to speaking with you! All you have to do now is apply.