Gaithersburg, Maryland - Added 2020-09-30 Resident – Storage Management Consultant – REMOTE
Prepare to be empowered. At TSP, we want to take all the stuff you already have and make it even better. Why? Because our customers can only stay awesome if you are awesome. From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server, and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience.
Scope of Work
Our East region has a need for a NetApp Resident Architect to support our customer remotely. This will be a 6-month residency and is likely to renew with the target start of end of October/early November. The location is 100% remote and this would be a full-time PS Resident.
As one of our next #TSProckstars, you'll be taking on these responsibilities:
- Provides solution design support in the Infrastructure domain and will provide support/consultancy in other domains.
- Leads the development and implementation of technology roadmaps and strategies
- Designs architectures, solution blueprints for projects or solutions that address business/application/data/infrastructure requirements
- Works with Operations, Business Analysis and Solution Engineering functions and supports functional & technical requirements management, including driving software selection processes
- Ensures that solution architectures and designs are appropriately robust and address business, application, information and infrastructure architectural requirements
- Accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements and are aligned to Customer’s Enterprise Architecture, in support of a given portfolio.
- The Solution Architect will partner with project managers, business analysts, and solution engineers to create solutions that are aligned to Customer architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Within the solution development lifecycle, the role will be accountable for solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
- Provides technical & IT expertise support to project teams and conducts customer architectural reviews throughout project lifecycle
We know you can handle this job because you have experience like:
- Core skills (or equivalence) – Scripting, programming, CI/CD, Bitbucket, Jira, Jenkins, Morpheus, SaltStack, Linux, Configuration Management (Ansible, Chef) Infrastructure as Code, docker, Kubernetes (OpenShift), Cloud (AWS, CustomerSure, GCP, OpenStack), VMWare, Logging (ELK, Splunk), Monitoring (Prometheus)
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry and of competitor activity, on a particular architecture and information management
- Strong networking skills with good internal/external links
- Well developed communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Awareness of developments in the marketplace for domain focus and potential impact to the customer
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent
- Proven development/design experience in at least one infrastructure technical domain
- Detailed knowledge of Open Source Software and how this can be applied to solve business problems
- Experience of developing innovative solutions, blueprints, and standards for solution design.
- Experience implementing and maintaining business solution architectures under any formal framework for their domain of architecture.
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
- Demonstrated initiative, strong customer orientation
- Demonstrated initiative, strong customer orientation, and cross-cultural working
- Experience in developing/maturing an architectural practice
- Development knowledge and experience of scripting or programming languages
- Public and Private Cloud knowledge and awareness
We are so excited that you want to join TSP! We pledge to take care of you. Here are some cool reasons why you will love working with us:
We really like you!
One part of our vision is to be a company that retains and nurtures its strong beliefs and culture as it grows by honoring our employees. <- That’s you!
We care about your well-being!
We provide benefits that keep you protected and in top shape like: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), open vacation, and an array of other perks that are pretty hard to find elsewhere.
We are social and we win!
Check out TSP on social (@TSProckstars and #TSProckstars) and grow with us. We represent some huge clients including Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States and Canada. We might have also won several excellence awards because our people rock!
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.