Washington, District of Columbia - Added 2020-02-25 Pure Storage Migration Resident
We want people, not paper. Your resume is great and all, but we want to know what drives you? Join TSP and become part of a team of empowered individuals that create award-winning solutions. We focus on, and successfully meet our clients’ needs with people like YOU.
Scope of Work
Our customer located in Washington DC is in need of a Data Migration SME – Pure Resident. As a data migration subject matter expert (SME technical competencies in the field of data migration to provide heterogeneous data migration solutions to customers/partners):
- You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's/partner’s business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service history, enabling you to present targeted solutions for low risk data migrations.
- You will build migration solutions for our customers and will be expected to be a member of the hands-on team delivering data migration services.
- You will have 5-10 years’ minimum experience of data migration and associated technical design to a multitude of large enterprise customers.
To be a rock star in this role, knock these responsibilities out of the park:
- Understand prospect’s technical needs related to a specific market or specific product (i.e. block or file share migration solutions)
- Support the implementation of the professional services solution that was scoped and subsequently sold.
- Participate in customer evaluations and proof of concepts for deploying test data migrations onto Pure systems.
- Advise and consult on engineering developments and strategies for data migration solutions.
- Plan, conduct and direct projects to support sales efforts and address future customer needs
We know you can handle these things because you have experience like:
- Data Center Migrations/Consolidations
- Cirrus Data Solutions Appliance (or Appliance based solutions for migrating block data)
- Networking infrastructure
- Data Center Migration Implementations for block and file share data
- Multi-vendor server and storage platforms
- Linux operating systems
- Pure FlashArray/FlashBlade experience is key
- Networking concepts and high-level designs
- Preparation and delivery of technical and architecture solution
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team leadership skills
- 8 to 10 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering; or related field is required.
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in data migration tool sets (specifically the Cirrus Data Appliance) and disciplines.
If you feel stuck in your current position, consider joining our team. Here are some awesome reasons why you should:
You get to work in and around some of the nation’s largest and most well-known brands. Nearly every business today has IT needs, and TSP loves to meet those needs for our clients.
Training and Development
We love to promote our #TSProckstars up through the ranks. Certification opportunities, online training curriculum, and hands-on experience all play a part in our training program.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) are just some of the benefits you get as a team member. Oh, and did we mention, you only have to pay a small portion of the health premiums. Everything else is 100% free!
We are thrilled that you’d like to join our team and look forward to speaking with you! All you have to do now is apply.