Dallas, Texas - 2024-02-07 Pure Project Manager
If you’re one to rise to a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Your resume is great, but we also want to know what drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
At TSP, we make sure our employees have the opportunity to build fulfilling careers. Why? Because if our people aren’t taken care of, our customers won’t be either. TSP was founded on the belief that our product is our people, and our commitment to those employees is written into our company values.
SCOPE OF WORK:
As an experienced Project Manager, you will oversee project delivery for a number of projects in your own portfolio and to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to a high standard to the satisfaction of the Customer, Pure Services and Pure Sales stakeholders. You will have delivered projects with varying complexity from medium to large sized projects, within the storage industry.
You will have overall responsibility for the profitability of the project portfolio. Including evaluating the impact of delivery on overall customer satisfaction, profitability, and business potential. You will have full accountability for compliance with Pure Storages revenue recognition rules and policies.
You will use your experience to give input in creating methodologies and best practices and act as a change agent to build a culture of continuous improvement.
This role will also be integral to Pure’s business development strategy and you will work closely with Pure’s presales organization to scope project proposals and statements of work in response to customer requests and RFP’s. You will take ownership for overseeing commercial responses from inception through to booking and delivery.
You will work with cross-functional teams including Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development Managers, Services and Engineering to help sell, scope, and deliver? Professional Services solutions for homogeneous and heterogeneous data migration solutions to customers/partners.
The role covers pre-sales and delivery functions, and you will be comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates.
You will be required to travel AMS wide per this role as requirements dictate.
THESE ARE THE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PURE PROJECT MANAGER:
- Management of local and remote project resources both internal and external Pure partners
- Being the primary interface into customer management including complex stakeholder management
- Proven management of 3rd party partners/suppliers and/or other service lines within the business
- Developing project plans and tracking progress versus the plan
- Maintaining project/program reporting materials (via an online document repository such as Google Docs, Box and/or NetSuite) and maintain project status documentation
- Assist in reporting the impact of projects and effectively communicating the impact on the organization
- Establishing work timelines and effectively managing them
- Providing input into the program management process based on lessons learned
- Analyzes project financial performance and reports findings or trends
- Accomplish Pure’s mission by completing relevant duties as needed when requested by management
- You will be tasked to maintain a level of competency in current industry trends and new technologies through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars
- It is also expected that the Project Manager will complete and maintain industry-recognized project management certifications and accreditations
YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE EVERYTHING ABOVE BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE LIKE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- PRINCE2 or PMP certification
- ITIL, AGILE & other certifications would be advantageous
- 8+ years’ experience in project management in an external customer-facing environment
- Excellent business writing and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Collaborative self-starter
- Knowledgeable on the full project management lifecycle from proposal through to delivery
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solver; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be enthusiastic, proactive, and action-oriented
- Capable of independently solving complex workflow problems
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Prior experience and knowledge of the storage industry
- Understanding of the technology, workflows
- Understanding of 3rd party integration and other components in an enterprise storage environment
- Experience in a customer satisfaction-focused environment
- Experience working in Salesforce.com
- Experience working with Microsoft Office & Project management tools such as MS Project
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
WE ARE TSP
TSP is award-winning, customer-endorsed, and minority-owned. We create custom, flexible, and flawlessly executed IT services and talent solutions throughout the United States and Canada.
We create great customer experiences by saving you time and money. We’re driven by integrity — we do what we say we will do — exceeding expectations. Our value-based pricing focuses on your business objectives, making your success our top priority. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software — our product is our people.
TSP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.