Dallas, Texas - Added 2021-04-23 Manufacturing Engineer
Direct-Hire/Permanent position with well-known manufacturer in Dallas, TX (near 635/35). Salary + benefits.
Manufacturing Engineer in Dallas, TX – Supports the process engineering, servicing and testing of Production Test Systems and Machines. The position assists in building, assembling, developing and testing prototypes and finalized systems for production of gauges, meters and instruments for the Aviation, Oil & Gas, Transportation and Chemical Industries. Programs PLC's, HMI's, and writes ladder logic as required. Recommends control systems based on knowledge and past experience. Works on a multi-functional team to design, build and commission custom equipment.
- Responsible for installing, repairing, and adjusting all electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and plumbing equipment/machinery, as well as make necessary repairs to the building and grounds as needed
- Supports manufacturing process integrity on assigned production lines
- Leads and supports equipment design and build projects
- Works on engineering solutions to improve equipment reliability and safety and lower operation and maintenance costs
- Interfaces with all Engineering, Manufacturing and Maintenance departments to ensure accuracy of project requirements
- Production line layout, optimization and balancing
- Programs PLC's, HMI's and other equipment as required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial engineering or equivalent (10 plus years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Minimum 3 years related work experience.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Experience with low volume high mix operations preferred.
- Machine design / build experience.
- Hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Setup and configuration experience with Windows 10 computer systems.
- Tooling experience highly preferred.
- Strong electronic and mechanical trouble shooting skills.
- PLC and HMI experience strongly preferred.
- Experience leading and or supporting Kaizen events.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.