Dallas, Texas - Added 2021-04-23 Maintenance Technician (Electrical / Mechanical)
Direct-Hire position with well-known manufacturer in Dallas, TX (near 635/35). Hourly rate + benefits and paid overtime
Electrical / Mechanical Maintenance Technician in Dallas, TX – This position will focus heavily on industrial level electro-mechanical manufacturing equipment. Repair and adjust machinery and equipment as well as make necessary repairs to the building and grounds. Assist other maintenance and tooling team members as needed.
Schedule: ***Must be ok with working a regular schedule of 6:00 am – 2:30 pm M-F and an Overtime Schedule 5:00 am – 3:30 pm M-F along with Saturdays as often as needed. This role averages a 50-hour work week, but recently work weeks have been as many as 55 hours. Of course, over-time is always paid at time and a half.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for installing, repairing, and adjusting all electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and plumbing equipment/machinery, as well as make necessary repairs to the building and grounds as needed
- All use basic tools including electric hand drills and saws to perform tasks.
- Assist other maintenance personnel, machinists, or toolmakers.
- Operates a drill press, band saw, belt sand, bench grinder, or other tools as needed.
- Pick up, deliver, or put away items as required.
- Make mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and plumbing installations and repairs as necessary.
- Makes repairs to building and grounds.
- Uses calipers, micrometers, standard tape measures, and volt/ohm meters to effectively perform tasks.
- Cleans and lubricates machines or parts as required.
- Cleans or unclogs drains and replaces plumbing fixtures.
- Operates welder or torch to fabricate or repair equipment.
- Assures accurate and timely documentation of all tooling and maintenance work.
- Some work areas are air-conditioned, but this position would be in a mostly non-air-conditioned work environment within a general manufacturing setting.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 8 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic.
- Effectively uses all types of hand tools and maintenance equipment.
- Read drawings or schematics.
- Must have good vision, hearing, and English communication skills.
- Must be ok with working full shift plus overtime as needed
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge of industrial level manufacturing equipment
- Previous experience with equipment maintenance within a manufacturing environment
- Basic PLC knowledge preferred
- Well versed with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Preventative maintenance on an industrial level
- Well-rounded electrical, mechanical and instrumentation knowledge and skills
- Familiarity with working with pumps, heat exchangers, Instrumentation, valves, calibration, belt replacement type tasks
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance policies. This position may perform other duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictates. Duties are performed in accordance with all safety rules and regulations. Good housekeeping skills are essential to keep work area organized, free of debris and unnecessary clutter.
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.