Richardson, Texas - Added 2019-07-01 Mainframe Systems Programmer
Prepare to be empowered. At TSP, we want to take all the stuff you already have and make it even better. Why? Because our customers can only stay awesome if you’re awesome. From data center services to backup and disaster recovery, we work with our clients to customize solutions tailored for their exact business needs. We pride ourselves on the wide range of personalized solutions we create for our clients, and we want YOU.
Mainframe Systems Programmer – Richardson, TX (W2 full-time, full benefits!)
Primary objective is to provision, test and support legacy Mainframe Applications/Utilities and make needed enhancements to IBM products via user exits and In-line mods.
To be a rock star in this role, knock these responsibilities out of the park:
- 24×7 on-call support (Must be text accessible 24×7 for escalation and monitoring notifications)
- Must be able to respond to texts within 15 minutes
- Work several planned maintenance windows throughout the year
- Interact with customers via the phone and email
- Update problem documentation via ticket system
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues by following documented processes
- Update process and support documentation as needed
- Monitor environment via monitoring tools, texts, tickets and/or email messages
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to apps/processes the team supports on Windows, Unix/Linux and Mainframe based on monitoring
- Provide assistance to Application Support Teams and programmers
- Candidates must be able to respond to situations in a methodical way and prioritize tasks effectively. They must be able to effectively communicate complex technical information to all levels of management in a professional and articulate manner.
- Prepare product roadmaps for future development/enhancements to these products.
- Research support EOL dates with vendors on the products used and determine best upgrade path and timing.
- Participate in and/or manage Mainframe software related projects
- Research and implement S/W products and/or S/W coding changes to reduce and/or eliminate the current dependencies on custom code (ALC mods and legacy in-house S/W) while providing current functionality.
Think you can handle it? You’ll also need to come equipped with experience like:
- Assembler programming skills required – MUST HAVE experience using Assembly Language ( aka ALC , aka BAL , aka HLASM … )
- 10+ years of experience with designing, provisioning, testing and supporting Mainframe applications like IMS , z/OS , DB2 , MQ Series , RACF , USS , on Mainframe
- IBM Mainframe skills such as JCL , IMS , HMC , HSM , TSO, Netview , etc.
Desired Skills (nice to have):
- Performance Tuning/Monitoring via RMF and SMF reporting and WLM policy changes
- IBM Mainframe Console Operations (JES2 or JES3 background)
- Rexx programming
- Proficiency at dump debugging
- Working knowledge of DB2 and DLI databases
- COBOL programming (desired, not required)
- Programming background in additional languages
- z/VM and z/Linux background
We are so excited that you want to join TSP! We pledge to take care of you. Here are some cool reasons why you’ll love working with us:
We really like you!
One part of our vision is to be a company that retains and nurtures its strong beliefs and culture as it grows by honoring our employees. <- That’s you!
We care about your well-being!
We provide benefits that keep you protected and in top shape like: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off (PTO), and an array of other perks that are pretty hard to find.
We are social and we win!
Check out TSP on social (@TSProckstars and #TSProckstars) and grow with us. We represent some huge clients including Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States and Canada. We have won several excellence awards because we do what we do and do it well.
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.