Fort Worth, Texas - Added 2019-09-04 IT Helpdesk Manager
Let’s Get Personal. You aren’t just looking for a job. Anyone can get one of those. You want a career, and TSP wants to help with that. Here, we provide customer-endorsed and award-winning business solutions that enable our clients to concentrate on what they do best.
The IT Helpdesk Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the organization's IT Helpdesk so user requests are identified, prioritized, researched, resolved, and followed-up quickly and competently.
Exceed our client’s expectations by taking on these responsibilities:
- Lead, direct, evaluate, recruit, and develop help desk staff to ensure that users receive competent and timely service. Manages and monitors department budgets (primarily travel, training, and overtime).
- Maintains knowledge of the software and hardware systems being supported, Helpdesk operations, and effective personnel management skills are all required to be effective in this position.
- Provides formal supervision to professional employees and/or supervisors.
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues, and/or customers.
- Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime.
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To be successful in this role, you’ll probably need experience such as:
- 5 years of experience with more than 3 direct reports in a technical support environment
- Hands on experience with SLA’s, helpdesk operations, common IT helpdesk tools and reporting
- Equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience is acceptable
- Knowledge in configuring and supporting common Microsoft desktop and cloud technologies in small to medium sized networks (LAN / WAN / wired / wireless)
- Knowledge in installing and supporting the following: desktop/laptop hardware and peripherals, Microsoft desktop products, Microsoft Office 365 services, and Adobe products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A customer-service oriented and problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals
- Must be conscious of data security and risk management
- Knowledge of identifying and developing incident resolution workflows.
- Two or more technical support certifications would be highly desired (e.g. Microsoft, CompTIA, ITIL Foundation, HDI, etc.)
Still need some convincing? We also provide an extensive benefits package, PTO and some of these other cool perks:
Employees Are #1
No one’s on an island. Any support that you need is our priority. We empower our employees which helps our customers excel.
TSP Gives Back
We love giving back, in fact, it’s part of our vision. We have been tremendously successful here and we love to share that success and invest time and money back into the communities where we live, work and play.
Who doesn’t like to be recognized? We give back to our employees as well. Through TSP’s Caught In The Act recognition program where you earn points to “buy” cool swag, and our training and development program, we invest in our most valuable asset. That’s you by the way!
If being the newest team member of an award-winning company interest you, the ball is now in your court – apply now!