Dallas, Texas - Added 2019-01-07 High Voltage Technician
Prepare to be empowered. At TSP, we want to take all the stuff you already have and make it even better. Why? Because our customers can only stay awesome if you’re awesome. Maintenance, Managed, Project, and Consulting services are the foundation of our business. We pride ourselves on the wide range of personalized solutions we create for our clients, and we want YOU.
We are looking for our next High Voltage Technician in Dallas, TX. This is a full-time, Monday thru Friday role, with excellent employee benefits!
This is a large integrated electrical power distribution system with voltages ranging from 138 KV down to 480 volts with an average load of 120 megawatts.
To be a rock star in this role, knock these responsibilities out of the park:
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on electrical equipment. This includes Interrupter Switches, Circuit Breakers, Automatic Transfer Switches, Fault Filter Fuses, Transformers, Relaying systems, SCADA system hardware and software.
- Perform a range of tests on electrical equipment in order to verify functional status. This will include Doble Power Factor tests on Circuit Breakers and Transformers. Hi Potential testing of cabling, Transformer Turns Ratio Tests, Digital Low Resistance Ohmmeter tests for low impedance verification of connected components and testing of various relay systems.
- Troubleshoot electric components and controls.
- Perform electrical repairs and installation of potheads, cable and splices as well as repair an alignment of interrupter switches and breakers.
Think you can handle it? You’ll also need to come equipped with experience like:
- 4+ years of experience in high voltage electrical system testing and operation ( for voltages from 15Kv to 110v ).
- 2 year (or 4 year) degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent Military experience.
- Skills in testing relays, breakers, switches and transformers is required.
- Experience in switching operation of electrical power distribution circuits is required.
- Knowledge of NFPA and OSHA Standards for safe operation and maintenance of Hi-Voltage Electrical Systems.
- Journeyman’s Electrical License is strongly preferred.
We are so excited that you want to join TSP! We pledge to take care of you. Here are some cool reasons why you’ll love working with us:
We really like you!
One part of our vision is to be a company that retains and nurtures its strong beliefs and culture as it grows by honoring our employees. <- That’s you!
We care about your well-being!
We provide benefits that keep you protected and in top shape like: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off (PTO), and an array of other perks that are pretty hard to find.
We are social and we win!
Check out TSP on social (@TSProckstars and #TSProckstars) and grow with us. We represent some huge clients including Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States and Canada. We have won several excellence awards because we do what we do and do it well.
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.