Calgary, Alberta - Added 2021-06-04 Field Professional
Let’s Get Personal. You aren’t just looking for a job — anyone can get one of those — you want a career, and TSP wants to help with that. Here, we provide award-winning and customer-endorsed IT solutions. We amplify teams and simplify service with a streamlined approach so that our customers can concentrate on what they do best.
Scope of Work
The field professional will perform maintenance work for a variety of different storage platforms, most notably NetApp and Pure Storage. The location of the work varies between customers, but the majority of the work is centered in Calgary and extends to its outlying boroughs. Trips to the Edmonton area will be required at times.
Immediate duties after 3-4 weeks of paid training will include but not be limited to the maintenance of storage equipment, including troubleshooting (cabling issues, pulling logs etc.), following product repair action plans (disk swaps, DIMM replacements, motherboard swaps etc.) and acting as smart hands with direction from a Support Center. This will be a hands-on hardware support role.
To be successful in this role, you’ll probably need experience such as:
- This person will be the sole maintenance person in Calgary and will require 24/7 coverage – holidays, weekend and evening work is required.
- Any IT or data storage experience is welcomed but not a requirement. Willing to train an entry-level individual with no experience.
- A strong sense of urgency and customer facing skills
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Outlook and superb written and verbal communication skills
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid non-restricted driver’s license
- Must have a valid Canadian passport and be able to travel to the US for training several times over the course of 4 months for up to 2 weeks at a time. (accommodations will be made based on pandemic travel restrictions)
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) into customer racks
Still need some convincing? We also provide an extensive benefits package, open vacation and some of these other cool perks:
Employees Are #1
No one’s on an island. Any support that you need is our priority. We empower our employees which helps our customers excel.
TSP Gives Back
We love giving back, in fact, it’s part of our vision. We have been tremendously successful here and we love to share that success and invest time and money back into the communities where we live, work and play.
Who doesn’t like to be recognized? We give back to our employees through TSP’s Made It Look Easy (MILE) recognition program that includes both peer-to-peer and management recognition where you can you earn points to “buy” cool swag. Through our training and development program, we invest in our most valuable asset. That’s you by the way!
If being the newest team member of an award-winning company interest you, the ball is now in your court – apply now!