Ashburn, Virginia - Added 2020-10-20 Field Engineer
Location: Ashburn, VA – must live locally since this engineer will be covering the local area and surrounding cities.
Prepare to be empowered. At TSP, we want to take all the stuff you already have and make it even better. Why? Because our customers can only stay awesome if you’re awesome. Maintenance, Managed, Project, and Consulting services are the foundation of our business. We pride ourselves on the wide range of personalized solutions we create for our clients, and we want YOU.
It looks like you want to be a Field Engineer. This is a technical role that gets you on your way to be one of our #TSProckstars. Immediate duties after training will be to provide hardware support and installation of storage equipment in datacenters throughout the area.
TO BE A ROCK STAR IN THIS ROLE, KNOCK THESE RESPONSIBILITIES OUT OF THE PARK:
- Schedule service calls and coordinating delivery of parts.
- Perform installations of storage equipment (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, configuration, etc.).
- Will be required to interact with IT Customers and TSP technical team members, including presales, services, and support organizations. Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers.
- Travel for formal & informal training and getting certified
THINK YOU CAN HANDLE IT? YOU'LL ALSO NEED TO COME EQUIPPED WITH EXPERIENCE LIKE:
- Experience with supporting, installing, or troubleshooting data storage equipment (Netapp, Pure, EMC, Hitachi, etc.) and exposure to datacenter environments is highly preferred.
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements.
- Positive attitude, professional, self-motivated, and fast-learner.
- A strong sense of urgency, time management, and customer-facing skills are required.
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate superb communication skills (phone/email/in-person).
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) onto customer racks.
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume.
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or any technical field preferred.
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
WE ARE SO EXCITED THAT YOU WANT TO JOIN TSP! WE PLEDGE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU! HERE ARE SOME COOL REASONS WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
We really like you!
One part of our vision is to be a company that retains and nurtures its strong beliefs and culture as it grows by honoring our employees. <- That’s you!
We care about your well-being!
We provide benefits that keep you protected and in top shape like: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off (PTO), and an array of other perks that are pretty hard to find.
We are social and we win!
Check out TSP on social (@TSProckstars and #TSProckstars) and grow with us. We represent some huge clients including Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States and Canada. We have won several excellence awards because we do what we do and do it well.
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.