Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Added 2021-11-19 Field Engineer
Location: can reside anywhere in Central US to East Coast
100% national travel – travel out Monday and return by Friday
If you’re one to rise to a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Your resume is great, but we also want to know what drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
At TSP, we make sure our employees have the opportunity to build fulfilling careers. Why? Because if our people aren’t taken care of, our customers won’t be either. TSP was founded on the belief that our product is our people and our commitment to those employees is written into our company values.
These are the job duties and responsibilities of a Field Engineer:
- Install, configure and support hardware and software remotely or onsite
- Communicate with specialists, consultants, project support managers, the account and appropriate personnel about project status, milestones and problems and assist whenever needed to ensure compliance and follow through
- Assist specialists, consultants and project support managers with technical support during pre-implementation and installation
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, and communicates problems with appropriate stakeholders
- Manages individual schedules to complete all assigned requests
- Performs required tasks to ensure timely go live and customer satisfaction
- Site cleanup: submit and closeout all RMA’s for project, return/dispose of all unused implementation materials
- Assist with obtaining customer acceptance
You should be able to handle everything above because you have experience like:
- Knowledge of general mechanical and electrical devices
- Experience with basic tools
- Office Software: Excel, Outlook, Visio, Word
- Demonstrated strong customer service and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work in the field from a home office or remote location
- Fluency in managing business travel, expenses and customer engagements independently
- Must be able to multi-task multiple requests/projects at any given time
- Understanding of network standards/protocols
- Possess the ability to work independently with little direction; must be a motivated self-starter
- Associate’s Degree or professional certification in either healthcare or information systems/information technology and minimum six months I/T related experience
- In lieu of Associate’s Degree, four year armed services I/T or technical related experience or High School Diploma/GED and one year demonstrated I/T industry related work experience
- Work experience with Windows Operating Systems such as Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- AS/BS Degree in a technical discipline (Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronics Technology or Engineering)
- Omnicell hardware knowledge
Additional information about this Field Engineer role:
- Remote/field based position
- 100% travel required
- Must be able to push heavy equipment and have good dexterity for doing routine configuration tasks
- Standing/sitting for prolonged periods of time may be required. Position may require a fair degree of physical activity and motion to include pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping and bending frequently.
- Must be willing and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds with the support of lifting devices.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start
We Are TSP
???????TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.