Richardson, Texas - Added 2021-04-28 DIW Technician
Prepare to be empowered. At TSP, we want to take all the stuff you already have and make it even better. Why? Because our customers can only stay awesome if you are awesome. Join TSP and become part of a team of empowered individuals that create award-winning and customer-endorsed solutions that amplify our customers’ teams and simplify their service experience. We exceed our clients’ expectations with people like YOU.
TSP is currently seeking a skilled Deionized Water Facilities Technician to join our team in Richardson, TX. As a Deionized Water (“ DIW “) Facilities Technician, you will perform technical tasks in support of engineering and maintenance activities involving the construction, design, specification, startup and operation of the facility’s DIW systems.
- Assist in commissioning of new Richardson, TX Fabrication Facility’s DIW equipment
- Create assets, job plans, and set up PMs in FMS
- Drive maintenance efficiency by reviewing recommended maintenance procedures/job plans to ensure best practices are in place and documented properly. Manage CM’s, PM’s, Event Manager Tasks, and other work as required.
- Respond quickly to system alarms and potentially critical situations, perform rapid and accurate situational assessments and troubleshoot DIW system components.
- Provide technical support for 24-hour operations team; willingness to handle onsite call-in situations after hours
- Drive development, implementation, and execution of programs targeted to improve quality, reliability, and operational effectiveness of systems and services.
- Work with engineers and operations in updating and maintaining SOPs and other documentation for system.
- Manage the system maintenance costs for system and implement cost savings projects.
- Perform other job-related tasks as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ability to read, understand, and update mechanical, electrical, chemical, and controls system drawings
- Understanding of water distribution systems (CHW, HW, PCW, DIW), exhaust systems (balancing, measuring), pumps, and piping installation methods
- High school diploma/GED with 5 years of relevant experience or 2 years of experience with an Associate's Degree
- Must have or develop the ability to diagnose process issues and to perform maintenance to DIW system components related to:
- Pre-Treatment Filtration (Multimedia or other)
- Carbon Media
- Reverse Osmosis
- Pre-RO Filtration
- Vacuum or Membrane degasification
- Ion Exchange
- UV Sterilization
- UV TOC Destruction
- Final Filtration
- Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot analytical equipment such as:
- Dissolved Oxygen Monitors
- TOC Monitors
- Temperature, pH, and Resistivity/Conductivity Monitors
- Level, Pressure and Flow Transmitters
- Computer/software skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, FMS, SCADA, SAP, PowerPoint, SharePoint and AutoCAD
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to handle call-in situations after hours
- Must work well in a team environment
- Be willing to put Safety and Reliability above all other factors
WE ARE SO EXCITED THAT YOU WANT TO JOIN TSP! WE PLEDGE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU. HERE ARE SOME COOL REASONS WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
We really like you!
One part of our vision is to be a company that retains and nurtures its strong beliefs and culture as it grows by honoring our employees. <- That’s you!
We care about your well-being!
We provide benefits that keep you protected and in top shape like medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), open vacation, and an array of other perks that are pretty hard to find elsewhere.
We are social and we win!
Check out TSP on social (@TSProckstars and #TSProckstars) and grow with us. We represent some huge clients including Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States and Canada. We might have also won several excellence awards because our people rock!
We would love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.