Richardson, Texas - Added 2021-04-28 DIW Technician
We want people, not paper. Your resume is great and all, but we want to know what drives you? Join TSP and become part of a team of empowered individuals that create award-winning and customer-endorsed solutions that amplify our customers’ teams and simplify their service experience. We exceed our clients’ expectations with people like YOU.
TSP is currently seeking a skilled Deionized Water Facilities Technician to join our team in Richardson, TX. As a Deionized Water (“ DIW “) Facilities Technician, you will perform technical tasks in support of engineering and maintenance activities involving the construction, design, specification, startup and operation of the facility’s DIW systems.
As one of our next #TSProckstars, you’ll be taking on these responsibilities:
- Assist in commissioning of new Richardson, TX Fabrication Facility’s DIW equipment
- Create assets, job plans, and set up PMs in FMS
- Drive maintenance efficiency by reviewing recommended maintenance procedures/job plans to ensure best practices are in place and documented properly. Manage CM’s, PM’s, Event Manager Tasks, and other work as required.
- Respond quickly to system alarms and potentially critical situations, perform rapid and accurate situational assessments and troubleshoot DIW system components.
- Provide technical support for 24-hour operations team; willingness to handle onsite call-in situations after hours
- Drive development, implementation, and execution of programs targeted to improve quality, reliability, and operational effectiveness of systems and services.
- Work with engineers and operations in updating and maintaining SOPs and other documentation for system.
- Manage the system maintenance costs for system and implement cost savings projects.
- Perform other job-related tasks as required.
We know you can handle these things because you have experience like:
- Ability to read, understand, and update mechanical, electrical, chemical, and controls system drawings
- Understanding of water distribution systems (CHW, HW, PCW, DIW), exhaust systems (balancing, measuring), pumps, and piping installation methods
- High school diploma/GED with 5 years of relevant experience or 2 years of experience with an Associate's Degree
- Must have or develop the ability to diagnose process issues and to perform maintenance to DIW system components related to:
- Pre-Treatment Filtration (Multimedia or other)
- Carbon Media
- Reverse Osmosis
- Pre-RO Filtration
- Vacuum or Membrane degasification
- Ion Exchange
- UV Sterilization
- UV TOC Destruction
- Final Filtration
- Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot analytical equipment such as:
- Dissolved Oxygen Monitors
- TOC Monitors
- Temperature, pH, and Resistivity/Conductivity Monitors
- Level, Pressure and Flow Transmitters
- Computer/software skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, FMS, SCADA, SAP, PowerPoint, SharePoint and AutoCAD
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to handle call-in situations after hours
- Must work well in a team environment
- Be willing to put Safety and Reliability above all other factors
If you feel stuck in your current position, consider joining our team. Here are some awesome reasons why you should:
You get to work in and around some of the nation’s largest and most well-known brands. Nearly every business today has IT needs, and TSP loves to meet those needs for our clients.
Training and Development
We love to promote our #TSProckstars up through the ranks. Certification opportunities, online training curriculum, and hands-on experience all play a part in our training program.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) are just some of the benefits you get as a team member. Oh, and did we mention, you only pay a small portion of the health premiums. Everything else is 100% free!
We are thrilled that you’d like to join our team and look forward to speaking with you! All you need to do now is apply.