Dallas, Texas - Added 2021-07-20 Director of Quality
This position will be working as a fast-paced Director of Quality in Dallas, TX within a manufacturing environment. It is a direct-hire/full-time position with a well-known manufacturer in Dallas, TX (near 636/35).
Director of Quality strategically leads, develops, and manages quality processes for continuous improvement including the administration of the quality management system. This role provides leadership for all quality related matters and champions the overall business quality vision. The role is responsible for global sites including Dallas, Mexico City, Warwick (UK), and Brussels.
The Director of Quality leads a team of Quality Control and Assurance personnel with a focus on continuous improvement. The Director of Quality is responsible for the coaching and development of all quality team members and providing hands on leadership.
- High Mix, Low Volume
- Air-conditioned office and non-air-conditioned plant environments. Some stress related duties due to deadlines and job duties.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Analyze business and plant quality metrics of global locations and prioritize activities and focus based on maximum impact on cost and customer satisfaction.
- Establish long range quality objectives and strategies to exceed customer satisfaction and regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership to global plant quality teams and plant management to drive improved internal DPM and external PPM
- Support root cause analyses of quality issues in manufacturing organization and ensure proper definition and documentation of corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Ensure the interface between the corporate quality team and local quality teams and link the local structure to the global structure.
- Develops and implements quality strategies; seeks innovative approaches to attaining business’ quality objectives.
- Ensures QC Lab has the proper resources and training to function effectively within budgetary requirements and is maintained in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Investigates customer complaints related to quality and coordinates activities involving troubleshooting, analysis, and corrective actions.
- Develop and communicate clear goals and standards to team members; in so doing, assure product specifications and production targets are met.
- Track and manage quality KPI's and provide regular status reports.
- Ensures timely reporting, investigating, root cause analysis, and corrective implementation of all accidents and incidents within the quality department.
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives. Champions new ideas; inspires excellence and trust.
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field required. Master’s degree preferred in technical field or MBA.
- 15+ years quality and operations leadership experience with a demonstrated track record of significant performance improvement.
- Experience in implementing and managing quality management systems (preferably ISO/TS/IATF16949 or similar)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to effectively communicate at all levels of organization.
- High degree of credibility, integrity, and trust.
- Demonstrated success in mentoring, motivating, and coaching capable team members and teams
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!