Tioga, Texas - 2022-08-01 Desktop Specialist
If you’re one to rise to a challenge, this opportunity is for you. Your resume is great, but we also want to know what drives you. We’re big on culture and look for employees who can grow both professionally and personally with us.
At TSP, we make sure our employees have the opportunity to build fulfilling careers. Why? Because if our people aren’t taken care of, our customers won’t be either. TSP was founded on the belief that our product is our people and our commitment to those employees is written into our company values.
The Desktop Specialist is a field support role that will work onsite at our customer in Tioga, TX on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, much of the work can be done remotely from home but can sometimes require an onsite visit to other clients located in the DFW area.
These are the job duties and responsibilities of a Desktop Specialist:
- This position supports a mostly Windows environment
- Perform client software support and related services
- Troubleshooting, installation, upgrade and deployment of software and client systems in a OSX and Windows-based environment
- Interface with customers daily to schedule and provide service for supported platforms
- Provide excellent customer service to internal clients
- Configurations of client network printing and mapped network drives
- User setup in Active Directory and eMail
- User setup within access control system (door code and badge readers)
- User assistance and training within the OS, Microsoft Office and web browser applications
- User assistance with printing issues
- User assistance in relocating/arranging office technology
- Diagnosing network and/or Internet connectivity issues
- Assisting outside technology vendors (camera, security, phone)
You should be able to handle everything above because you have experience like:
- 1 – 3 years of experience supporting Windows applications at the deskside
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 7 and 10
- Understanding of Windows Active Directory in regard to adding, removing PC from the domain and user management/maintenance
- Understanding of Windows Registry
- Understanding of Windows Applications troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Windows and other software firewalls
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols in regard to trouble shooting (Ethernet, PoE, IP, cable tracking and use of network testing equipment)
- Basic knowledge of installation and configuration of Microsoft Office products, configuration and troubleshooting of MS Outlook
- Ability to train non-technical users in the use of technology.
- Easy going and patient demeanor
- Work efficiently and be self-motivated with minimal to no supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication, phone support, fact-finding research, process oriented, process improvement, documentation experience
- Ability to multi-task, provide professional customer service, resolve problems
- Asset tracking, use of incident tracking tools, ability to schedule and respond to incidents
Additional information about this Desktop Specialist role:
- Work location is a drug/alcohol/tobacco-free facility
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private transportation, and current automobile insurance – this position may require travel and transport of company assets to different office locations in Tioga, TX and Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex (we provide reimbursement for business-related mileage)
- Physical requirements include prolonged periods of sitting/standing, ability to lift and install equipment (up to 30 lbs), physical activity and motion to include pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, and bending frequently
- View our benefits information: https://marketing.mytsp.net/tsp-benefits
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start or receive an approved exemption
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed staffing and IT solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.