Huntington, West Virginia - 2023-12-01 Cost Accountant Advanced
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our customers and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
This position is for a senior accounting professional that will use critical thinking and communication skills to apply accounting theory and knowledge. This position will apply skills to specific areas such as cost accounting, manufacturing analysis, account reconciliations, and accounting policy compliance for the company. This is an onsite position and there is paid relocation.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Excess and Obsolete, LIFO, and LCM calculations and analysis
- Prepare and enter month-end journal entries, such as accruals and regularly recurring monthly entries
- Reconcile monthly inventory and cost of sales GL accounts
- Assist in physical inventory
- Light weekend work and travel as required
- Understands and follows all SOx policies and regulations
- Gross Margin Reporting and Analysis
- Tracking and Forecasting Variable Cost
- Analyzing and reporting P&L variances
- Other complex analysis as required
- Analyze current processes and develop plans to simplify workflows
- Improve forecast / budget accuracy
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in accounting or business with an emphasis in accounting
- 2-4 years of accounting experience
- 2-3 years of manufacturing cost experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment within tight deadlines
- Excellent team player with a flexible and open attitude
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter with the ability to reason and solve complex problems with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially proficient in Excel
- Oracle ERP, SAS, or SQL experience a bonus
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Willingness to spend time in the manufacturing environment learning processes
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Analytic skills
- Job knowledge
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!