Dallas, Texas - Added 2021-11-22 Conference Room Specialist
We are searching for a Conference Room Specialist to join our dedicated and talented team. At TSP, we share a passion for providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
Conference Room Specialists at TSP typically have the following job responsibilities:
- Document support tickets and update customer on resolution status
- Schedule work efficiently and arrive to appointments on time
- Perform conference room preventive maintenance (PM) and document any issues with room, as well as resolve issue either during the PM or schedule time for repair afterwards
- Assist other technicians with room repairs
- Perform conference room associate and specialist task as well as upgrade conference room equipment
- Schedule services with 3rd party vendors or provide suggestions to customers’ IT management to improve conference room(s) functionality
- Capable of performing conference room installs from start to finish (ie. planning, cost quoting, cost approval, work permits & hardware installations procedures)
- Perform conference room associate tasks as well as help customer with larger venues like auditoriums or cafeteria areas
- Work with facilities if furniture needs to be added or rearranged
- Capable of collecting asset details and adding/updating products into the CRM website
- Demonstrate high quality troubleshooting techniques and recommend solutions to prevent reoccurring problems
- Provide on the job training for others conference room associates/specialists
The ideal person to fill this role will have experience such as:
- Have a functional understanding of using a laptop including internet platforms, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and WebEx
- Have the ability to set up and operate a video camera
- Have the ability to set up and operate video projectors
- Knowledge of sound systems would be considered a PLUS
- This is a highly visible role requiring professional communication skills and ability to interface with all staff members effectively, including Executive level, while maintaining a strong focus on customer service.
- Able to respond quickly in potentially stressful situations and develop creative solutions to support large Auditorium
- Have the ability to move AV equipment up to 50 lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to transport AV equipment across company’s campus locations; primarily North Dallas & Richardson Texas area (mileage is reimbursed by TSP)
- Willingness to work various hours of the day (Mon-Fri) depending on Conference WebEx broadcast demand; sometimes requiring earlier start time or later departure
- Willing and open to learning WebEx broadcasting and other software solutions related to this position
Additional information about this Conference Room Specialist role:
- Physical requirements include ability to walk long distances and lift up to 50 lbs
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.