REMOTE, Texas - Added 2021-05-18 Big Data Solutions Architect
NOTE: This role can work remotely from any U.S. location
Prepare to be empowered. At TSP, we want to take all the stuff you already have and make it even better. Why? Because our customers can only stay awesome if you’re awesome. From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience.
TSP is seeking an experienced Big Data Solutions Architect to join our team. Candidates should have demonstrated experience implementing big data use-cases, understanding of standard design patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments.
This key role has two major responsibilities: first to work directly with customers and partners to architect, design and deploy Enterprise Data Platform environments, and, secondly, to assist in building or designing use case implementations to accelerate how customers use Cloudera solutions.
To be a rock star in this role, knock these responsibilities out of the park:
- Work directly with customer’s technical resources to design and recommend solutions based on the requirements
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Able to document and present complex architectures for the customers technical teams
- Work closely with Cloudera teams at all levels to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
- Help design and implement data platform architectures and configurations for customer
- Drive projects with customers to successful completion
- Write and produce technical documentation, knowledge base articles
- Keep current with Big Data ecosystem technologies
Think you can handle it? You’ll also need to come equipped with experience like:
- More than 2-3 years of Professional Services (customer facing) experience architecting large scale storage, data center and /or globally distributed solutions
- Experience designing and deploying production large-scale data solutions
- Demonstrated experience implementing big data use-cases, understanding of standard design patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments
- Ability to understand and translate customer requirements into technical requirements
- Experience designing data queries against data in a Hadoop environment using tools such as Apache Hive, Apache Druid, Apache Phoenix or others
- Experience designing and deploying production streaming solutions using tools such as Apache Storm, Flink, etc.
- Experience building data pipelines with NiFi
- Experience installing and administering multi-node Hadoop clusters
- Strong experience implementing software and/or solutions in the enterprise Linux or Unix environments
- Strong understanding of various enterprise security solutions such as LDAP and/or Kerberos
- Strong understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds, and optimizations
- Strong understanding of the Java development, debugging & profiling
- Significant previous work writing to network-based APIs, preferably REST/JSON or XML/SOAP.
- Solid background in Database administration and design, along with Data Modeling with star schema, slowing changing dimensions, and/or data capture
- Experience in architecting data center solutions – properly selecting server and storage hardware based on performance, availability, and ROI requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Clear criminal background and drug screen, education and employment verification required prior to start
We are so excited that you want to join TSP! We pledge to take care of you. Here are some cool reasons why you’ll love working with us:
We really like you!
One part of our vision is to be a company that retains and nurtures its strong beliefs and culture as it grows by honoring our employees. <- That’s you!
We care about your well-being!
We provide benefits that keep you protected and in top shape like: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), open vacation, and an array of other perks that are pretty hard to find elsewhere.
We are social and we win!
Check out TSP on social (@TSProckstars and #TSProckstars) and grow with us. We represent some huge clients including Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States and Canada. We might have also won several excellence awards because our people rock!
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.