Raleigh, North Carolina - Added 2021-07-07 Associate Field Engineer
We want people, not paper. Your resume is great and all, but we want to know what drives you? Join TSP and become part of a team of empowered individuals that create award-winning and customer-endorsed solutions that amplify our customers’ teams and simplify their service experience. We exceed our clients’ expectations with people like YOU.
Position Duties: Immediate duties after training will be to provide hardware support services and installations of data storage equipment (such as NetApp, Hitachi and Pure Storage) throughout the region.
As one of our next #TSProckstars, you'll be taking on these responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on hardware break-fix, maintenance and installation of multiple storage platforms (after a short training period)
- Understanding how to maintain said storage equipment, including troubleshooting and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.) and acting as smart hands with direction from a Support Center
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
- Scheduling service calls and coordinate the delivery of parts
- Perform installations (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, installing, etc.)
- Interacting with IT Customers and TSP technical team members and external support organizations. Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers.
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required
- Formal and Informal training towards certifications would be considered for a qualified candidate
- Participate in 24/7/365 oncall coverage rotation. Weekend and evening work required, as are occasional holidays.
We know you can handle these things because you have experience like:
- Hardware troubleshooting experience a must (in work experience, military experience, etc.)
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume
- Positive attitude, professional, self-motivated, and fast learner
- A strong sense of urgency, time management and customer facing skills are required
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate superb communication skills (phone/email/in-person)
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license (business mileage reimbursed)
- Must be able to lift and install equipment (up to 75 pounds) into customer racks
- Must be available for on call/standby coverage rotation (nights and weekends)
- Education: must have high school diploma or GED
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
If you feel stuck in your current position, consider joining our team. Here are some awesome reasons why you should:
You get to work in and around some of the nation’s largest and most well-known brands. Nearly every business today has IT needs, and TSP loves to meet those needs for our clients.
Training and Development
We love to promote our #TSProckstars up through the ranks. Certification opportunities, online training curriculum, and hands-on experience all play a part in our training program.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) are just some of the benefits you get as a team member. Oh, and did we mention, you only pay a small portion of the health premiums. Everything else is 100% free!
We are thrilled that you’d like to join our team and look forward to speaking with you! All you need to do now is apply.
Job Type: Full-time