Newark, New Jersey - Added 2021-09-29 Associate Field Engineer
We are searching for an Associate Field Engineer to join our dedicated and talented team. It’s important to know upfront that at TSP, you won’t be successful unless you share our common goal of providing an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience for every customer in the TSP family.
The best and the brightest work with us, and we strive for every employee to have a sense of belonging. As a minority-owned business, we believe our diverse backgrounds and viewpoints make us stronger. Our people work in and support the technology environments of some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands.
Associate Field Engineers at TSP typically have the following job responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on hardware break-fix, maintenance and installation of multiple storage platforms (after a short training period)
- Understanding how to maintain said storage equipment, including troubleshooting and following product repair action plans (disk/controller swaps, etc.) and acting as smart hands with direction from a Support Center
- Scheduling service calls and coordinate the delivery of parts
- Perform installations (unboxing, lifting, racking/stacking, installing, etc.)
- Interacting with IT Customers and TSP technical team members and external support organizations. Impact extends to customer technical representatives including systems administrators and technical managers.
- Formal and Informal training towards certifications would be considered for a qualified candidate
The ideal person to fill this role will have experience such as:
- Hardware troubleshooting experience a must (in work experience, military experience, etc.)
- Good job stability must be reflected on resume
- Positive attitude, professional, self-motivated, and fast learner
- A strong sense of urgency, time management and customer facing skills are required
- Must have a general understanding of Microsoft Outlook and demonstrate superb communication skills (phone/email/in-person)
- Must be reliable, proactive and possess the ability to take ownership of multiple engagements
Additional information about this Associate Field Engineer role:
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license (business mileage reimbursed)
- High school education or GED, required
- Must be able to lift and install equipment up to 75 lbs into customer racks
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds
- Participate in 24/7/365 on-call coverage rotation
- Weekend and evening work required, as are occasional holidays
- Maintain flexibility to travel outside of the coverage area when required
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Selected candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
(*MON*) #DICE email@example.com