Richardson, Texas - Added 2021-09-29 Applications Server Administrator
Are you looking for a career change and the opportunity to work for a company that actually cares about its employees? This is it — join our team today as a Systems Administrator. At TSP, we have a proven track record of excellence that in large part is due to a unique perspective.
Both in life and in business, we believe you get back what you give. So, we pledge to take care of and invest in our people and in the communities where we live, work and play. TSP’s recognition, philanthropic and training programs as well as our comprehensive benefits plan are just a few ways that we accomplish this.
The Systems Administrator will serve as the Automation and Infrastructure (servers/database) SME for the IT Client Operations Team based in Richardson, TX.
As a Systems Administrator, you can expect to have these responsibilities:
- Design, plan, implement and maintain PowerShell scripts to automate tasks that today are not standardized or are manually done
- Support Wintel servers/applications related to IT Client Operations
- Serve as the SME and escalation points for Database & PowerShell scripts and their relationship with multiple sources including databases and reporting tools (Splunk and Spotfire)
- Windows administrative rights issues
- Provide support for different IT administrative projects as defined by the customers
- Escalation point for systemic Level 2 issues
To be successful, you’ll need experience such as:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Windows infrastructure administration
- 3 to 5 years of experience with application management (server side)
- PowerShell scripting is REQUIRED – must be able to write scripts from scratch
- Knowledge in automation tools is strongly desirable
- Well versed in Active Directory
- Experience automating reports, routines and applications (Spotfire, Splunk, etc.)
- Able to run queries and small automations with various databases (SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with ITSM application would be a big plus (Cherwell, ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.)
- Experience with IT Governance (ITIL) – Incident, Change, Problem management
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, technical environment based on SLAs
- Ability to find root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions; anticipate and mitigate risks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Work effectively in a distributed global team & with global customers
- Strong writing skills for documenting processes and procedures
Additional information about this Systems Administrator role:
- Physical requirements include prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Clear criminal background and drug screen is required prior to start
We Are TSP
TSP is an award-winning and customer-endorsed technology solutions company. Throughout the United States and Canada, we create custom, flexible and flawlessly executed IT solutions that amplify our customers’ team and simplify their service.
From workforce recruiting and staffing to network, server and storage maintenance, we create an entirely positive, above and beyond service experience. We don’t manufacture devices or sell software. Our product is our people — dedicated and talented individuals focused on our customers’ long-term success above TSP’s short-term gain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.