Dallas, Texas - Added 2021-04-23 Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Direct-Hire/Permanent position with well-known manufacturer in Dallas, TX (near 635/35). Salary + benefits
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our clients and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Dallas, TX – The role will be operations lead and will focus on driving Design for Manufacturability (DFM) in new products and designs. This individual will be the liaison for the plant on all advanced manufacturing and advanced quality activities, including internal gate reviews as part of the NPI phased gate process. In addition, this role will be responsible for process development and procurement of manufacturing equipment for new products and processes.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Review and critique of product designs for cost and manufacturability (Design for Manufacturability)
- Specify requirements for manufacturing equipment (solicit quotations, qualify suppliers, and select equipment vendors)
- Implement process automation to reduce labor content, improve quality and repeatability, and improve throughput
- Act as liaison between design engineering and manufacturing
- Work issues to cost, capacity, and timing of introduction
- Pilot and debug manufacturing processes in production environments -Recommend physical changes to manufacturing locations for proper equipment installation
- Make/buy analysis for capacity evaluations -Implement processes and equipment based on total cost
- Propose, evaluate, and implement other processes for quality improvements, cost reductions and capacity increases
- Lead the PFMEA activity to ensure functional specification requirements are fully met and confirm controls carried into the Control Plan
- Monitor 'Run at Rate' activity and process run documentation -Conduct APQP program gate reviews and confirm plant APQP activities are complete with appropriate evidence
- Conduct MSA studies and Gate R&R activities for new processes
- Track internal and external quality indicators (PPM, on time delivery, reject rates, process capabilities, etc.) to ensure successful start-up
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering. Master’s degree preferred in Industrial or Mechanical engineering
- 10+ years operations experience in a discrete manufacturing environment with demonstrated successes in industrializing new products and processes
- Advanced engineering and/or supervisory experience in electronic sensor industry
- Experience in "Design for Manufacturability" and new product launches
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt desired, and proven competence using advanced problem solving
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Experience/expertise in manufacturing processes and technologies (e.g. stamping, molding, assembly, electronics, etc.)
- IATF, OSP 9001, APQP, and other manufacturing quality support systems
- IATF 16949 implementation
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!