Dallas, Texas - Added 2021-04-23 Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Direct-Hire/Permanent position with well-known manufacturer in Dallas, TX (near 635/35). Salary + benefits
Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Dallas, TX – The role will be operations lead and will focus on driving Design for Manufacturability (DFM) in new products and designs. This individual will be the liaison for the plant on all advanced manufacturing and advanced quality activities, including internal gate reviews as part of the NPI phased gate process. In addition, this role will be responsible for process development and procurement of manufacturing equipment for new products and processes.
- Review and critique of product designs for cost and manufacturability (Design for Manufacturability)
- Specify requirements for manufacturing equipment (solicit quotations, qualify suppliers, and select equipment vendors)
- Implement process automation to reduce labor content, improve quality and repeatability, and improve throughput
- Act as liaison between design engineering and manufacturing
- Work issues to cost, capacity, and timing of introduction
- Pilot and debug manufacturing processes in production environments -Recommend physical changes to manufacturing locations for proper equipment installation
- Make/buy analysis for capacity evaluations -Implement processes and equipment based on total cost.
- Propose, evaluate, and implement other processes for quality improvements, cost reductions and capacity increases.
- Lead the PFMEA activity to ensure functional specification requirements are fully met and confirm controls carried into the Control Plan
- Monitor 'Run at Rate' activity and process run documentation -Conduct APQP program gate reviews and confirm plant APQP activities are complete with appropriate evidence
- Conduct MSA studies and Gate R&R activities for new processes
- Track internal and external quality indicators (PPM, on time delivery, reject rates, process capabilities, etc.) to ensure successful start-up.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering. Master’s degree preferred in Industrial or Mechanical engineering
- 10+ years operations experience in a discrete manufacturing environment with demonstrated successes in industrializing new products and processes
- Advanced engineering and/or supervisory experience in electronic sensor industry
- Experience in "Design for Manufacturability" and new product launches
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt desired, and proven competence using advanced problem solving
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Experience/expertise in manufacturing processes and technologies (e.g. stamping, molding, assembly, electronics, etc.)
- IATF, OSP 9001, APQP, and other manufacturing quality support systems
- IATF 16949 implementation
We’d love to have you on the team. All you need to do now is apply.