Huntington, West Virginia - 2023-12-01 Accountant Advanced
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our customers and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
This position has particular responsibilities that include:
preparing, analyzing, and reviewing financial statements using accounting principles. The role includes keeping record of account entries by compiling and analyzing accounting activities. The position will also prepare reports such as balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other documents that project the organization’s financial position. Role also includes reviewing financial statements for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
This position assists in overseeing accounting operations, or a complex segment of the accounting function, and coordinates accounting matters with other departments as required. This is an on-site position and there is paid relocation available.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Report all intracompany activities with five SMC companies
- Prepare journal vouchers and account reconciliations for all payroll and benefits
- Monthly reporting as required by internal management, division, and SOX
- Upload actual results to division through Hyperion
- Responsibility of SG&A expenses (budget, forecast, weekly reporting, etc.)
- Maintain monthly SG&A detail spreadsheet submitted to division
- Responsibility of FQR package
- Annual 1099 preparation/submission
- Quarterly access reviews for HBE and A-1 wire
- Preparation/submission of local and sales and use taxes
- Property tax preparation
- Preparation and completion of tax package
- Coordinate quarterly intracompany clearing process
- Provide assistance with MOR and weekly reporting packages
- Provide assistance with weekly profit and loss statement
- Plan and organize audits
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Five – Eight years of experience in accounting functionality (month-end close, journal entry preparation, GL account analysis, etc.).
- CPA preferred
- Performs accurate work under minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills are required
- Can handle complex issues and problems, and refers truly complex issues to higher-level staff
- Must possess problem-solving skills and have solid working knowledge of subject matter
- Have ability to provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate group
- Financial management
- Problem solving
- Strategic thinking
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!